Crows on the Skulls
Race options for Crows on the Skulls
If you are thinking about playing a race other then the typical demihuman races in the main campaign I’m fine with that but I want to tell you a few things in advance. Acamea is a lawful, human-centric realm embroiled in a crusade against evil outsiders for the last 15 years. It is a feudal society which means the law of the land is a complex amalgamation of laws of the crown and the local laws of feudal lords.
Evil demihumans or outsiders can move freely in Acamea is if they are enslaved, employed, owned, or partnered with an honored or respectable person. It’s true that commoners will likely not accost a dangerous looking being out of principle, but there are plenty that would. Adventurers, brigands, knights, mercenaries… basically anyone with hate in their hearts or the means to take what you have.
It is true that remaining hidden or disguised can get you places but that is very thin ice. Being caught trying to hide or disguise yourself is worse then being out in the open. In these times that gives anyone cause to act on their fears.
Just saying, you have been warned. It’s not unfair, its the nature of the setting and the theme of the campaign. Are there any rewards for being an exception to prejudice? That’s something you have to decide for yourself, preferably before you get yourself killed.
- Dragonborn mythical everywhere except Haj, where they are still rare.
- Drow Common in Acamea, Very Rare elsewhere on Ayodya
- Drider Uncommon in Acamea, Very Rare elsewhere on Ayodya
- Feral Gargun mythical in civilized lands, commonly found on the glaciers
- Ghoul Common in Entenis only
- Goblin Common on Ayodya
- Goliath Uncommon in civilized regions
- Gnoll Common on Ayodya
- Halfdragon mythical everywhere except Haj, where they are still uncommon.
- Hobgoblin Common on Ayodya
- Kenku mythical everywhere except Kasea
- Ibixian common only in Grem
- Imp < very rarely, a wizards familiar has to fend for themselves
- Jaebrin Common nowhere, uncommon in Haj only
- Killoren Practically Extinct everywhere
- Loxo Common in Haj only
- Mahkim Can only be found in Rhestilor where they are still rare
- Mind Flayer
- Mummy Common nowhere, uncommon in Entenis, or Haj
- Spawn of Tiamat common nowhere, rare in the Wilds of Acamea or Rhestilor
- Skulk mythical everywhere, Rare in Entenis only
- Sharakim common nowhere, Rare in Grem only
- Stonechild Nearing extinction in civilized lands, most are found on the glaciers
- Thri-Kreen Common in Haj only
- Underfolk rare in civilized lands
- Wood Woad
- Yak Folk mythical everywhere
- Yuan-ti feared in civilized lands, most common in Wilds of Acamea or Haj
Especially challenging creature types. Not likely playable.
- Demons and/or Devils Have no common home on Ayodya. They are always considered to be dangerous, hostile, untrustworthy outsiders.
- Lycanthropes Are uncommon everywhere. They have no society of their own. They are treated much like outsiders. Not likely playable (but I won’t kill off a pc that contracts lycanthropy).
- Constructs Unbalanced, soul-less and usually devoid of a real personality.
- Duergar Very hard to imagine a pc of this race in anything but an underdark campaign.